Saber Interactive’s popular World War Z is gearing up for its second season of content, and the developer has announced today what zombie-slaying players can expect in terms of gameplay modes and new content.
The good news is that cross-play is being added to the game, though only for PvE game modes. So if you’ve got mates on another console, you’ll be able to buddy up to tackle the zombie hordes. It should also help keep the game’s active player base going strong for a good while yet.
Below are the planned features and updates coming in the second season of World War Z:
- Two new challenging PvE missions to take place in Moscow and New York
- The establishment of the highly anticipated game mode with hordes of zombies – Horde Mode Z
- A new type of very dangerous zombie
- Cross-play for PvE games
- The possibility to improve your level of prestige to obtain new weapon skins and abilities
- A new and formidable weapon and new cosmetic items
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)