Saber Interactive has released a brand new update for its popular co-op zombie survival game World War Z. The new update, 1.06, brings a ton of tweaks and fixes, as well as a new difficulty mode and some new weapons that can be earned by completing chapters on the new ‘Six Skulls’ difficulty setting.
The new update is available to download right now. If it hasn’t already updated your game yet, head over to the game’s icon, press the ‘options’ button and then scroll down to ‘check for update’ and then you’ll be prompted to download and install the new patch.
Down below you’ll find the extensive patch notes. Happy reading!
World War Z PS4 Update 1.06 Patch Notes:
- Added new 6 skulls difficulty mode
- Added Wakizashi melee weapon for completing any level on the new difficulty mode.
- Added unique Sniper Rifle variant for completing all levels on the new difficulty mode
- Ammo crates now have limited ammo available based on the difficulty level. The amount of ammunition drained from the ammo crate depends on the weapon and how much the ammo the player has left. On average, the distribution is:
- Easy – unlimited refills.
- Normal – unlimited refills.
- Hard – 12 full refills
- Insane – 6 full refills.
- Slightly reduced the number of special zombies that can spawn in idle state.
- Reduced the total number of special zombies that can be present simultaneously from 6 to 4 on all difficulties except Extreme difficulty, which will have 5.
- Slightly increased cooldown between special zombie spawns.
- Very slightly reduced the total number of zombies that can spawn during non-swam waves.
- Increased AI bots’ efficiency on Insane difficulty.
- Improved balance of zombie waves when playing without AI bots.
- Improved friendly auto turrets on higher difficulties (previously their damage did not scale).
- Enemy auto turrets will deal slightly less damage on higher difficulties, but will have more health.
- Fixed issue that was preventing AI bots from attacking zombies when they were under masking effect.
- Special zombies will no longer be able to grab players through thin walls.
- Improved Lurker jump behavior; he will be able to spot and jump on players from above more efficiently.
- Greengold and Svetlana friendly NPCs will use silenced pistols and will no longer undermine stealth for players.
Quality of Life
- AI bots will no longer explode barrels and mines by accidental shooting.
- Added HUD icon when teammates are carrying car parts on Jerusalem 2.
- Added HUD icon when teammates are carrying explosive charges on Tokyo 2.
- Added sound notification when zombie is approaching or attacking from behind.
- Added a 6 second masking effect for players that respawn or join the game in progress (without screen effect).
- Added a 2 second masking effect for players that are revived (without screen effect).
- Added an indicator for remaining mortar shots.
- Added weapon perks display on Weapon Customization screen.
- Minor UI and localization fixes.
- Added missing laser sight beam effect on Assault Carbine and Assault Rifle.
- MAG5 Machine Gun’s damage increased by 50% (in PVE only).
- Chainsaw will now generate noise in all of its attack modes.
- Fixed issue that was causing the Chainsaw to not stagger zombies in some cases.
- Sleight of hand. Weapon switch speed increased from 50% to 100%.
- Last Resort. When both primary and secondary magazines are dry you can perform 4 (was 2) more melee strikes without fatigue and damage 2 (was 1) more targets with each melee strike.
- Desperado. Pistol damage increased from 25% to 50%.
- Free Refill. Primary weapon ammo restored 2% (was 1%) for each kill made with equipment.
- Executioner. Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% (was 25%) chance to refill one equipment charge (cooldown 60 seconds, was 10 seconds).
- Switcheroo. Switching between primary and secondary weapons increases firearm damage by 50% (was 25%) for 3 seconds.
- Thrifty. Reloading a weapon with less than 25% ammo in the magazine provides a 35% firearm damage boost (was 25%) for 5 seconds.
- Gun Fanatic. Fixed perk conditions triggering early in some cases.
- Unshakeable. Self inflicted explosive damage is reduced by 90% (was 60%).
- Pickpocket. Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% (was 25%) chance to refill one equipment charge (cooldown 60 seconds was 10 seconds).
- I’ll Take That. Killing a special zombie gives 100% (was 25%) chance to restore one equipment charge (cooldown 60 seconds, was 10).
- Deep Pockets. Heavy weapon ammo capacity increased by 35% (was 25%).
- Predator. Killing special zombies boosts firearm damage by 100% (was 50%) for 10 seconds.
- Combat Medic. Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 50% (was 10%) chance to receive a Medkit (cooldown 180 seconds, was 10).
- Pickpocket. Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% (was 25%) chance to refill one equipment charge (cooldown 30 seconds, was 10 seconds).
- I’ll Take That. Killing a special zombie gives 100% (was 25%) chance to restore one equipment charge (cooldown 30 seconds, was 10).
- Patch Up. Fixed issue that was causing the perk to not trigger correctly in some cases.
- Lobotomy. Fixed issue that was causing the perk to trigger with non-SMG weapons in some cases.
- Armory. Using a Supply Bag gives a 25% (was 15%) chance to restore one equipment charge.
- Stand By Me. Increase firearm damage by 100% (was 50%) for 10 seconds when reviving or unpinning a teammate.
- Pickpocket. Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% (was 25%) chance to refill one equipment charge (cooldown 90 seconds, was 10 seconds).
- I’ll Take That. Killing a special zombie gives 100% (was 25%) chance to restore one equipment charge (cooldown 90 seconds, was 10).
- Go Get ‘Em. Reviving a teammate will restore 25% (was 15%) of primary weapon’s ammunition for you and your teammate.
- Efficiency. Supply Bag contains 25% more explosive ammo. Masking grenade effect duration increased by 2 (was 5) seconds.
- Darkness Falls. Masking Grenade gas cloud duration is increased by 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Bullet-dodger – Take 100% (was 90%) less friendly fire from bullets while performing melee attacks.
- With My Last breath – Melee strikes damage 2 (was 1) more targets when health is below 25%
- Third Hand – Killing 5 (was 10) zombies with melee attacks in rapid succession instantly reloads your primary weapon.
- Bloodlust – Killing special zombies with a melee weapon will increase firearm damage by 100% (was 50%) for 10 seconds.
- Pickpocket – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% (was 25%) chance to refill one equipment charge (cooldown 60 seconds, was 10 seconds)
- Heavy Metal I – Fixed issue that was causing improved Chainsaw not to receive proper 50% damage increase.
- Dragon Hide – Fire resistance increased by 100% (was 90%)
- Pickpocket – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% (was 25%) chance to refill one equipment charge (cooldown 60 seconds, was 10 seconds).
- Thrift – 25% (was 15%) chance of using the Claymore or Molotov without depleting an equipment charge.
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Improved navigation on NY 1 Level.
- Reduced the number of crates player has to deliver in N1 when playing solo
- Prevented several options to farm XP by suicide rushing Moscow 1, NY 3 and Tokyo 1.
- Fixed issue with item pickup progress not showing up in some cases.
- Fixed issue with player overhead marker not showing up upon respawn in PvP in some cases.
- Fixed issue with receiving party lead privileges causing soft lock in menus in some cases.
- Fixed soft lock in menus when entering game settings while respawning in PvP.
- Fixed in fectir effect staying on-screen in outro cinematics.
- Fixed voice chat not being output to connected headset in some cases.
- Fixed issue that was moving player over large distances when grabbed by a zombie swarm.
- Fixed issue causing AI bots trying to shoot through walls.
- Fixed issue causing scoreboard to stay on-screen in outro cinematics.
- Fixed issue causing zombies to not receive melee damage in certain doorways.
- Fixed issue causing Medkit healing to constantly interrupt in certain locations.
- Fixed issue with a certain combination of perks causing Slasher to heal when receiving friendly fire.
- Fixed issue causing player to receive another player’s melee weapon when joining a game in progress.
- Added sound for receiving medals in PvP.
- Sho is no longer wearing 2 helmets at the same time like a true badass
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)