Could be an eXELent game…
German developer and publisher Assemble Entertainment has revealed its latest project: XEL.
XEL is being developed by Hamburg-based Tiny Roar, and it’s coming to consoles and PC sometime in 2022, though there’s no release date though we do know that the plan is to release sometime during Q2 2022.
What we do have are a few details on the game, a trailer, and some screenshots. Your standard presskit dump for a newly announced game, then.
What is XEL about?
It’s an adventure game that the developer states is a “Zelda-like” that takes inspiration from Nintendo’s revered series.
The game will tell the story of Reid, the playable character who wakes up with a bad case of amnesia in a world she doesn’t know and with no memory of her life before that moment.
Reid will explore the world’s many biomes, fight against deadly robots and exotic beasts, as well as crawl some dungeons and solve some puzzles.
[Update: A previous version of this story had ‘PS4’ in the title. XEL has not been announced for PS4 or Xbox One.]
XEL Announcement Trailer
Key Features of XEL
- Sci-fi Dungeon Diving: The world of XEL features a vast, extensive overworld and challenging, Zelda-like dungeons to explore
- A Deep Combat System: Become proficient at using a variety of attacks and combos, while dodging, and parrying to tackle and take out foes
- Gadgets & Guns: Master and upgrade your weapons, shield, and gadgets to smash your foes and open up new areas to explore
- Deep Lore and a Deeper Mystery: What exactly happened to this world, and who is responsible? Piece together a captivating story and dive into the legends behind the cryptic history XEL
- Spacetime? Not a Problem: Unlock special abilities that allow Reid to bend the rules of space and time, grantingher access to previously impassable areas and opening up new ways to defeat difficult enemies.